Good business isn’t about waiting for storms to pass, it’s about learning how to dance in the rain. And, as any keen gardener knows, a bit of a rain creates the ideal conditions for growth.
Alexander Hall approached 2019 committed to maintaining a ‘growth mindset’, with the momentum to continue positively through into the 2020s.
We chose a series of targets in order to achieve this, which support our belief that the best companies measure their success not just by their profitability but also by their commitment to social mobility, diversity and developing future leaders.
Our commitment to growth includes:
- Engaging with a social mobility charity to identify up-and-coming talent from new sources, as opposed to relying on the standard recruitment channels.
- Doubling down on our commitment to bring fresh talent into the industry (as opposed to headhunting from within the industry) by investing into our Training department. This will enable us to introduce new people into the mortgage industry faster and more productively.
- Hiring more women and better supporting their careers by running internal initiatives, alongside calling on the support of talented leaders such as Maria Harris, Barb Emmett and Martese Carton (to name but a few) to give inspirational career guidance to our staff internally. We have also joined the ‘Women’s Executive Finance Forum’ to further develop our future leaders.
- Working with a range of internal and external networks to hire more B.A.M.E. and LGBTQ+ talent so we can better reflect our wonderful multicultural society.
- Expanding our introducer partnership proposition to collaborate with a wider network of developer, wealth manager, solicitor and accountancy client referrals.
- Embracing the right technology to support our advisers providing the award winning people-centric advice we pride ourselves on. A recent L&G study showed that 81% of homeowners thought the advice of an adviser was ‘quite valuable’ or ‘extremely valuable’ when securing a mortgage. The next six months will see Alexander Hall launch a new CRM system and a best in class compliance platform to manage the growing SMCR and T&C requirements.
- Opening a new Alexander Hall office in the Vauxhall Investor Centre in south London, upping our footprint to eight manager-led adviser teams across six locations.
Our commitment to these areas has made the Alexander Hall culture robust and dynamic, reflected in our increasing mortgage and protection transaction volumes and growing residential London market share.
We enjoy working alongside many other great intermediary firms that pride themselves on supporting the growing customer need for suitable advice. We also thank our trade body, lender, protection and other service partners for their ever-growing support.
This article was originally posted in Mortgage Solutions online. You can see the original article here. Please note this will launch a new web page.